Friday, November 7, 2014

Goings-on

Last week in coach training we had a practice session where we split into pairs and did another exercise with empathy reflections and an exercise with the 2nd step in appreciative inquiry (the 'discover' phase). The topics we coached each other on were challenges in our wellness journey and our best experiences with wellness. I made my area of challenge about control issues with my body. But I have to say this week has been better. Being busy at work has helped with that, I think. My whole theme that I've been trying to repeat to myself ever since I first went back to school is that being healthy mentally (or being in a flow state) is something that contributes to physical health. And that in whatever way my physical health may have taken a hit, it was likely due to not having mental fulfillment. I know I may have questioned that before, but I'm coming to re-embrace it a little. I want to have some kind of signature thought or contributing idea to wellness (or simply an area of interest?) and I want that to be it. But I haven't gotten to talk about it much yet in the coach training. I'm hoping there might be opportunity for it soon.

Also, it's cool to hear about the backgrounds of all the different instructors we have from week to week. A trend I'm noticing is that they all make their living from both teaching the coaching classes and working their own private practice. I like the idea of having different sources of work that are related. I guess I'll see what happens for me.

As for my day job right now, I've gotten comfortable with the main task assigned to me that I trained on. When there is a large amount of it to do, that's when I'm happiest. On Wednesday there was a large amount that kept me busy the whole day. But on other days there wasn't as much. That's when they sometimes have me do other things. Yesterday I shadowed someone on a task I didn't get as well, so I hope I don't have to do it later, lol.

I guess that's it for now. Really looking forward to when the day job ends and I finish coach training and get certified and then get a job coaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment