Thursday, August 14, 2014

Update

I signed up for Wellcoaches! I'm so excited. Even though I still have about 5 weeks until the first class, I already did the homework for it. Read chapter 1 in the Coaching Psychology Manual, listened to some recorded coaching sessions, took some notes on fundamentals such as assessments, creation of a vision and 3 month plan, and weekly goals. It's awesome so far. Also started reading Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. Other stuff? Just job-searching. When I don't have anything in my planner, my mental recitation of things to do is “job search, read, walk.” I have done some other tasks this week like shopping, scheduling an annual check-up, drafting some letters not related to job search...and this weekend is a movie I've been looking forward to that I want to see. So things are pretty good. 

One funny thing I've noticed about myself is that if there's something I know I'll need to do soon and I have time to do it right away, I'll want to do it even if it's kinda early. That's because I don't always like having things hanging over my head. I tend to have this crazy thought of “what if I'm busy later?” It's kinda silly I guess. This rule doesn't apply to ALL tasks, just fairly easy ones. But even that begs the question “if they're easy tasks, what difference does it make if you're busy later or not?” Lol. Sometimes when I don't have a lot going on, I fear what life will be like when I do get a lot going on – even though 9 times out of 10, things are perfectly fine (and sometimes better) when I have a lot going on. Weird. So sometimes when I don't have a lot going on, I have to pretend I do to keep from going crazy. I have to simulate certain experiences. I guess that's not so crazy. But I thought it'd be interesting to mention because it's one of those things I always think about but have never written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment