Saturday, September 17, 2016

Food for thought



Before I mentioned helping myself by helping others. But what if I helped myself through other means and now I don’t have as much of a fire in me to do what it was I thought I wanted? I didn’t anticipate figuring things out for myself. I didn’t anticipate actually being happy in a very set routine where I basically read all day for a living. I know a younger version of myself might’ve hated it. I didn’t used to like sitting still. I needed adventure. I needed human interaction. I needed to feel alive. But my brain is alive when I’m reading. And I have the freedom and control to not be a slave to the chair I’m sitting in. I learned how to make things work for myself, health-wise (or so I think). So if I’m happy doing this, do I still need to help others with their health in order to be happy and feel like I’m making a difference? That is the big question. Does it matter if I’m helping people with writing vs. being healthy? I guess in the health field, there’d be the opportunity to keep up with advancements in the industry. But I could do that on my own as a consumer; I wouldn’t have to be a practitioner to still keep up. And I have my other passions that I keep up with – the publishing and film industries. I don’t have to be (and am not) an author or actor to keep up with those. Simply being a consumer can be fun. As long as your day job isn’t terrible and you’re still helping someone (which would be true for me), then how important is it to want more? I think I could maybe be happy with helping people with their writing OR their health. It’s hard to know sometimes until you’ve actually tried and done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment