Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer catch-up

I finally completed my practice client data and turned it in this week, so now I'm waiting on the score for that. If I pass, I'll be certified as a wellness coach :) But now it's becoming a national certification, so there will be different requirements. Sort of. Luckily for those who have already gotten the old certification (or who are getting it now, like me) there will be a transition phase where we can get grandfathered in to the new one without doing too much. I think we need to fulfill a few more hours by taking some other course (for $165). We have until the end of 2016 to do it.

I've had a few job interviews. One local one is pending. It doesn't pay a lot, but it's a cool place and it involves coaching people for weight loss. It would be a step in the right direction that would help me get other things in time. (Plus if I participate in the coach-to-coach feature that Wellcoaches offers for people to keep their certification current when they can't coach in their jobs, I can use that as experience too). I do have a few other employers I was going to contact shortly anyway. Ones I might see at the annual Tampa Wellness conference in a couple weeks.

Since the 4th of July is coming up, I might go to visit Josh. He was here last in March after I left my last job (and I was there last Sept for our birthdays before starting my last job). My sister might come visit this September. And in November will be the births of two of my best friends' babies :) I'm not sure when I'm going to see them, and I should probably catch up with them soon. Speaking of catching up, one of my near-neighbors from high school found me on facebook recently and we got to hang out for the first time in 15 years. Pretty cool.

I guess that's it for now. Lots of stuff on the horizon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment