Saturday, January 24, 2015

Coaching update

So I've had 2 coaching lessons since the last time I blogged about a lesson. The first was on goal-setting and the next was on generative moments, or the 'meat' of a coaching session (one that's not the initial session) that leads to brainstorming. (I guess the generative moment stuff in an initial session would be the vision-building). The goal setting is pretty much the same for initial and non-initial sessions, though. As I mentioned before, I've been focusing on career-related stuff for my own goals. (We have to submit wellness visions and goals for ourselves as part of our certification to prove our authenticity as coaches). Is it really authentic of me to ignore other health-related issues? I've been pondering that, thinking that career improvement / fulfillment would take care of the health stuff. But I think I'm going to do some things directly related to my health because I'm not 100% confident that it will be taken care of and I also want to enhance my knowledge of certain issues so I can better help other people. It's just weird that the issues I have are pretty much the opposite of most people. Most people in the world are trying to lose weight. And it's not easy to be surrounded by that all the time. But I'm going to figure out how to help myself AND them.

There will only be 3 more lessons after the one this Sunday. The one this Sunday (on goal review and measuring progress) is the last one we'll need before we can start working with practice clients. So right now I'm getting all my stuff together to review and prepare for that. We have to submit documentation of at least 4 sessions with a practice client as another part of our certification. (The other 2 parts are the written exam and the practical where we conduct a mock session with the examiner role-playing as the client). So it's a lot of stuff. But I'm up for it. I also need to give notice at my job soon. And then start the process of getting myself work in my field, at last! I'm so glad things are picking up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment