Thursday, July 31, 2014

An ending

Oh, how I was tempted to write more between my last post and now. But I held off because I knew that in the midst of eventfulness, it'd only make sense to wait until it calmed down. And now I think it has. Basically, my job kept morphing from day to day. That, in itself, isn't always a bad thing, but other important things need to be in place in order for it to be okay. And things weren't in place. Starting with company services (the third bullet point in my list from previous post), the agenda went from us providing services directly to clients, and then to us not even having our own clients but training other people on how to do what we WOULD'VE done ourselves but decided not to. Then it went to us trying to get other people to start a business like the one we would've had. I just wasn't comfortable with that. In fact, there are a slew of other things I could mention that contributed to my decision to walk away, but I don't know if it makes much sense to go into it. So maybe I won't. But it took a lot of courage for me to finally make a graceful exit. Even though I was feeling frustrated, I didn't want to show it because I hate leaving things on a bad note. And so I'm glad I was able to articulate that the job just didn't feel like a match for me and there were no hard feelings. Now it's time to pick up the pieces and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment